The ABC’s of Bullying Prevention Book and Video Professional Development Set
This multimedia professional development set consists of four copies of the book, The ABC’s of Bullying Prevention, and the 4-part companion video. The 141-minute video (on 1 DVD) contains four segments, with individual segments addressing each of the following key stakeholders: teachers, administrators, paraprofessional/support staff, and parents.
Unlike other programs that take a patchwork approach, The ABC’s of Bullying Prevention offers practical, evidence-based strategies that will help school administrators, school guidance counselors and teachers prevent bullying at the classroom, school, and district levels. It will also help them know how to respond when bullying does occur.
The program also addresses parents, providing them with a better understanding of what bullying looks like in today’s schools (including cyberbullying), and offering guidance to parents whose children are aggressors or victims of bullying.
The program will help audiences
- Understand why and how (e.g., physical aggression, cyberbullying, verbal harassment) students bully their peers;
- Create a safe and caring classroom climate antithetical to bullying by fostering students’ social and emotional skills (self-awareness, empathy, etc.);
- Recognize behavioral signs that indicate a student may be a victim of bullying;
- Develop skills in counseling students who have been victims of bullying;
- Learn strategies for providing discipline as well as guidance to students who engage in bullying.